TMO’s 49th Season
Forward to Fifty
Join the Tysons McLean Orchestra for the 49th Season, Forward to Fifty. As we move toward our 50th Anniversary Season, Homecoming Gold, the organization is making great strides to ensure you, “GET TO KNOW TMO.”
The Holidays are Here
Saturday, December 7, 2019 7:30 PM
Artist Sponsors: The O’Brien Family
Direct from the Broadway stage and the national tour of The Sound of Music, TMO is pleased to present actress and singer, Cáitlín Burke. This exciting array of holiday treats will also feature our principal flutist Amy Thomas! The evening will be fun for the whole family and always includes a few special surprises.
Saturday, February 29, 2020 7:30 PM
Sunday, March 1, 2020 (repeat) 5:00 PM*
Presented jointly at Falls Church Episcopal and the beautiful Grace Church in The Plains, this program will feature John Rutter’s charming Serenade, Bach’s beloved Brandenburg Concerto No. 3, and Haydn’s dramatic Farewell Symphony, his 45th.
Rutter Serenade for Strings
Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3
Haydn ‘Farewell’ Symphony
Saturday, May 9, 2020 7:30 PM
As the kick-off to TMO’s 50th Anniversary, plan to be dazzled with vibrant repertoire sure to appeal to young and old with Bernstein’s Candide Overture and Symphonic Dances from West Side Story, just in time for the 2020 re-release of West Side Story movie, followed by Respighi’s majestic Pines of Rome.
Bernstein Candide Overture
Bernstein Symphonic Dances from West Side Story
Respighi Pines of Rome
To purchase 2019-2020 Season Series Ticket Packages on-line, click here.
To purchase individual tickets for the 2019-2020 on-line, click here.
To order tickets by download: FY2020 Season Subscription Form.
TMO’s Community in Concert Performances
With the support of the Richardson Endowment for Audience Development TMO is working to take its musical talents off the stage and into the community. By working with our community partners, incorporating music with local events, and cross marketing these events to new untapped audiences, TMO endeavors to create a “Community in Concert” with tentative scheduled performances at various community programs:
- September 2019: The Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Summer Soiree
- November 19, 2109: The Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce’s, Annual Honors Luncheon
- June 2020: Celebrate Fairfax, Northern Virginia’s largest community-wide celebration
- To Be Determined: The Friends of Clemyjontri Park Gala Dinner
TMO’s Special Project, The McLean Youth Orchestra (MYO)
Our MYO is the premier youth orchestra in Northern Virginia, offering gifted young musicians a challenging repertoire and opportunities to work with skilled and dedicated professionals. MYO players learn and perform under directors Gerald Fowkes, and Andrew “Drew” Lisowski, and once a season with professional musicians of the TMO. MYO performances are free and open to all:
- Sunday, December 1, 2019: McLean’s Winterfest Parade, a special winds and brass performance
- Sunday, December 8, 2019, 4:00 PM: Memorial Baptist Church, 3455 North Glebe Road, Arlington, VA
- Sunday, March 8, 2020, 4:00 PM: Vinson Hall Community Building Ballroom
- Sunday, May 17, 2020, 4:00 PM: Vinson Hall Community Building Ballroom (Side-by-Side with TMO professional musicians)